Who really wants to spend $45+ plus on an old-fashioned letter board that is actually worth $10? But because the old is now the new, letter boards are a “have to have” piece for any boho/hipster room. So I have taken into my own hands, literally, and created my own.
Total cost $17.88
- Fabric scissors
- Straight edge razor (I used a kitchen knife when my razor broke)
- Hot glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
- About 1/2 yard of black felt.
- A picture frame with depth, I used the back of a canvas.
- Foam board or skewers that fit your frame
- Your favorite Spotify playlist, (Love aLatte, optional)
- Measure the widths and depth of your frame.
- Start cutting your foam board to fit the width of the frame. It’s okay, they don’t have to be perfect. Cut enough to fill the frame.
- Once you have all of your pieces cut, you will need your hot glue gun.
- Wrap your measured felt around the first piece of foam completely. Then glue to the top of the frame.
- From here, you will place and glue the foam to the felt by weaving the felt over and under the foam.
- Make sure you are squishing the pieces closely together.
Lastly, give it a quick roller over with a lent roller.