My new favorite tradition is taking time to myself and truly reflecting back on the year You, my God, have graciously given me.
I remember exactly a year ago writing about my year 2015 and praying for what 2016 would hold for me. Little did I know what would happen. It’s funny when I start planning out my year and how I would like it to go and then You humble me with Your plan. A year ago I pictured and prayed that I would be living in Moscow, Russia or anywhere but Lubbock, Texas. Well, here I am a year later and still in Lubbock, Texas (well currently writing this in Orlando, Florida). People have told me that I had a terrible 2016, but I feel the complete opposite. Trials are to come and yes, I had some hard ones, but You my God, are bigger and better than those trials.
“As 2015 comes to an end, I can’t help but think about all the blessings and uncontainable joy I have. Now, if you would have asked me six months ago, I would not have thought I would be where I am. But You knew. You knew all along about the trials and blessings coming my way this past year.
Thank you for remaining. Thank you for pursuing me this year even when I turned away from you. Thank you for the countless blessings and the tears during trials. Through it all you have remained with me. Thank you for the good and bad times. You turned my tears of pain into smiles of joy.
I pray that in 2016, I will pursue You every minute of every day. I pray that even during the trials, (because they will come) that I will see your goodness, kindness, and faithfulness. I pray that I will surrender to your plan and not run off with my own. I will fight for this relationship. I pray that I will walk in power and grace while spreading your love and word. You have given me all I need and more, I am forever Yours. So, wherever I am after graduation, I pray to be serving you and giving glory back to You. Your plan is so much bigger and greater than mine. My heart and years to come are yours, God. This is my New Years resolution.”
This is what I wrote and prayed to you my sweet Lord, and a year later it still holds very true. Jesus, thank you for the year 2016 and all that came with it.
- My final semester at Texas Tech. Thank you.
- A new disciple. Thank you.
- Helping me conquer my fear of submitting an application. Thank you.
- Seeing Hillsong United live. Thank you.
- Your peace. Thank you.
- A vision trip to Moscow, Russia. Thank you.
- Acceptance to STINT in Moscow, Russia. Thank you.
- New friends from Model United Nations.
- Supporters partnering with me for your Kingdom. Thank you.
- My future teammates. Thank you.
- My time with Texas Tech CRU. Thank you.
- Graduating!! Thank you.
- Keeping me safe in my car accident. Thank you.
- Healing quickly from my wisdom teeth. Thank you.
- Showing me you are always in control. Thank you.
- Never forsaking me. Thank you.
- Showing me your love, grace and goodness in heartbreak and disappointment. Thank you.
- Showing me I don’t have to be in Moscow to serve you. Thank you.
- My little miracle Graham cracker. Thank you.
- Continue restoration in my family while in Brazil. Thank you.
- Friends that help me move. Thank you.
- Quality time with Lena for countless days. Thank you.
- New opportunities to continue spreading your word while in community. Thank you.
- My Indian Creek family and Launch Global. Thank you.
- Friends that are a reflection of you and your grace. Thank you.
- Exceeding my prayers by providing me with the perfect job at Texas Tech. Thank you.
- My Chinese neighbors who are reading the Bible with me. Thank you.
- Meeting internationals at work. Thank you.
- New disciples and possible teammates. Thank you.
- Paying off $3,000 of student loans. A step closer to the field. Thank you.
- Your promises holding true. Thank you.
- Three new sisters in Christ! Thank you for letting me be a part of your work!
- Dahee and Choyoung, my sweet Korean souls. Thank you.
- Bible study with my exchange students. Thank you.
- Potential teams overseas. Thank you.
- Freedom in Christ. Thank you.
- My loving Aunt Linda joining you in paradise. Thank you.
- My team in Thailand. Thank you.
- Spending the holidays in Florida. Thank you.
- Your plan and your will. Thank you.
- Your son that died on the cross for my rebellion. Thank you.
Now, 2016 is coming to an end and I am grateful for the year you have given me. Thank you for remaining. Thank you for pursuing me this year even when I rebelled. Thank you for showing me that you really do have better for me. Thank you for using my life as a testimony of your goodness and faithfulness. Thank you for not letting my circumstances change the way you view me or love me. This plan of yours is far better than I could ever imagine.
Although others may see it otherwise, this year was pure bliss. It was blissful solely because of you.
I pray that in 2017 my love and desire to know more of you will grow deeper. I pray that I will continue to lay down my life to you. I pray that my life would be mulitplied. I pray that I would not lose sight of the vision and plan You have called me to. My heart and years to come are yours, God. This is my 2017 New Years resolution.
Thank you my sweet Heavenly Father,